Heat Mapping allows you to determine where visitors stop and measuring their linger time in areas of interest (promo stands, showcases, product placement areas, ads, etc.). With this data, it is possible to view the “warmest” places at a retail store or any other trafficked location thanks to corresponding visual cues on screen.
Benefits of using Heat Mapping
- Measure the effectiveness of direct advertising (display videos, brochures, ad posters, banners, etc.) by determining how long visitors stay in these locations and calculating the ROI on ad expenses.
- See where to direct your promotional efforts: compare the effect of different promotions for a particular product over time, and identify the areas of your store that are most promising for events and promotions.
- Knowing the most highly trafficked store areas, you can adjust the layout of the store to eliminate bottlenecks and “cold” areas.
- Determine the effectiveness of your product placement, in order to optimise financial propositions for product manufacturers.
- Compare the effectiveness of different places in your store for sales of a particular product.
- Scale out successful experiments with store arrangements, layout, and promotions to other stores in your chain.
- Plan staff numbers and stationing more efficiently.
- Measure overall store operations and workload